Monday, September 6, 2010

New iPods Invade North America September 7th


Last week, Steve "God" Jobs unveiled the yearly, refreshed iPod line. The "shuffle" got its buttons back. The "nano" is now completely redesigned and features the sweetest, tiniest touch screen on the planet. Finally, the "touch" has been updated and is a true "iPhone without a contract".

So, tomorrow like millions of other tech dawgs I will be purchasing the new "iTouch" with all those fancy new features. Now the blog will be reviewing Apple content alongside my lovely Sony goodies.

Not only has the iPod line been refreshed, sadly so are their prices.

Specifically, the brand new "iTouch" in Canada will run you -

8GB Model - $249.99
32GB Model - $319.99
64GB Model - $429.99

Compared to last year's models, especially the 8GB model, prices have exploded. I loved the fact that in North America, the last generation 8GB "iTouch" cost $199.99. That was a great introductory price. Now the price has been jacked up 50 bones. Argh. I understand you are getting FaceTime and the new processor and much, much more. I had hoped that Apple would have killed the 8GB storage and upgrade it to 16GB so the new price would be warranted. Guess what? Nope. Bummer.

I was thinking of purchasing the 64GB model because I am a man who enjoys his storage, but the price is astronomical. I just can't fathom having close to $500 worth of technology in my pocket after taxes. Argh. So the 32GB model is the way I'll be rolling.

Regardless, I am still super pumped up about getting up early tomorrow and buying my sweet new toy. Have fun tomorrow folks and enjoy the new tech! ;)

No comments: