Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pac-Man Cartoon Finally Hits DVD!


When I was a little kid way back in the early 1980's, I'd wake up every Saturday morning with excitement for the day's cartoons. With a big bowl of Pac-Man cereal in tow, I'd sit down in front of that magical, glowing box as it displayed wonders of animated light. I had my Coleco Pac-Man tabletop beside me, as I awaited patiently for one cartoon in particular, Hannah-Barbera's Pac-Man.

Looking back at it today, it was an interesting take on the video game classic. I mean, there isn't exactly a plot with the original arcade games Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man. You just ran around the maze eating dots while being pursued by ghosts. So how did Hannah-Barbera deal with this when making an animated series?

Flinstone's + Pac-Man = Pac-Man The Cartoon Series!

Simple math isn't it? For the most part, it worked.

The show was cute, fun and colourful. Now, nearly 30 years since it's debut it is finally arriving on DVD thanks to Warner Bros. It will be released sometime in 2011.

Thanks to Superheroes-R-Us for the 411!

No comments: